Bulgaria is a preferred destination for foreigners seeking relocation in the European Union. The country offers a simplified regime for obtaining a right of residence and then Bulgarian citizenship. The interest of foreigners in recent years is attracted by the Bulgarian citizenship through investments Program and the Residence in Bulgaria through Investment Program. Under these programs, a foreigner can become a citizen of the European Union in less than 3 years.
Foreigners in Bulgaria bear all rights and obligations, established by the Bulgarian legislation and the signed by Bulgaria multi-national agreements; except these rights and obligations for which Bulgarian citizenship is required.
The Immigration Law in Bulgaria that relates to the legal status of foreigners develops seriously after 2007, since Bulgaria became a member of the European Union. Therefore, the national legislation, via the Act for foreigners, the Act for Bulgarian citizenship on one hand, and the sub-law acts on another, apply to foreigners who wish to visit the country. In addition, the EU regulations and directives apply as well to support the policy for free travelling within the borders of the European Union.
So since Bulgaria is a member of the EU, recently there are different rules for entering, residing and leaving Bulgaria, which apply for the other EU-residents, than the rules for citizens of other countries around the world who wish to visit Bulgaria.
RESIDENCY IN BULGARIA & IMMIGRATION: LEGAL SERVICES
We provide full scope of legal
services in all areas of the Bulgarian
legislation, related to immigration to Bulgaria. We can divide these services into
the following several groups:
– Legal services related to the acquisition of Bulgarian citizenship by investment: Bulgarian citizenship through investment Program – standard and fast track program for acquiring citizenship /request a free brochure “Investments and Bulgarian citizenship” by clicking here /; Bulgarian citizenship by origin; Bulgarian citizenship through naturalization;
– Legal services for persons who wish to reside/live in Bulgaria for a long-term period: permanent residence /permanent residence through investments Program; residency through opening a commercial representation at BCCI Program /request a free brochure “Residence in Bulgaria through opening a commercial representation” by clicking here /; residence as a family member and others/; prolonged residence, long-term residence /long-term resident status in the European Union/; /;
– Legal services related to foreigners who wish to visit Bulgaria numerous times or to stay here for long term period via obtaining visa “D” type;
– Legal services related to applications for visa type “C” for short-term visit in Bulgaria;
– Legal services related to people who apply for visa “A” for entering Bulgaria transit during their trip to a third country;
* Note that foreigners, who visit or reside in Bulgaria, are obliged to follow the public legal order, to be loyal to the Bulgarian country and not to harm the prestige and honor of the Bulgarian nation. The lack of knowing the Laws of Republic of Bulgaria is not excusable and not a reason for relief from liability.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF RESIDENCY IN BULGARIA YOU CAN READ IN THE FOLLOWING RELATED ARTICLES: Permanent residency in Bulgaria through government securities – steps, procedure
Permanent residency in Bulgaria by origin
Living in Bulgaria for EU citizens
Benefits and advantages by obtaining residency permit in Bulgaria
Residency permit in Bulgaria through opening of TRO (Trade Representative Office)
Frequently asked questions: Registration of trade representative office in Bulgaria – visa D and residence permit
EU blue card