Foreigners and residents in Bulgaria bear all rights and obligations, established by the Bulgarian legislation and the signed by Bulgaria multi-national agreements, except these rights and obligations for which Bulgarian citizenship is required. The Immigration Law in Bulgaria that relates to the legal status and residency of foreigners develops seriously after 2007 since Bulgaria became a member of the European Union. Therefore, the national residency legislation, via the Act for foreigners, the Act for Bulgarian citizenship on one hand, and the sub-law acts on another application to foreigners who wish to visit the country.
In addition, the EU regulations and directives apply as well to support the policy for free traveling within the borders of the European Union. So since Bulgaria is a member of the EU, recently there are different rules for obtaining a residency permit and for entering, residing and leaving Bulgaria, which apply for the other EU-residents, than the rules for citizens of other countries around the world who wish to visit Bulgaria.
We are an independent law firm and we provide legal services on the entire field of the Immigration Law. It requires good expertise because visa applicants very often are foreigners who have no knowledge of the local Bulgarian Laws. During our legal practice have reached the conclusion that the key actions prior successful visa or residence application are the bridge of trust between lawyer and client and the proper legal advice in advance. We can separate the different legal services we provide about the Bulgarian Immigration Law in several groups:
Legal services by Bulgarian immigration lawyer regarding foreign residence in Bulgaria
– Legal services related to people who apply for visa “A” for entering Bulgaria transit during their trip to a third country;
– Legal services related to applications for visa type “C” for short-term visit in Bulgaria;
– Legal services related to foreigners who wish to visit Bulgaria numerous times or to stay here for long-term period via obtaining visa “D” type;
– Legal services to people who wish to reside/live here for long-term via permanent residence;
– Legal services towards applicants for Bulgarian citizenship.
* Note that foreigners, who visit or reside in Bulgaria, are obliged to follow the public legal order, to be loyal to the Bulgarian country and not to harm the prestige and honor of the Bulgarian nation. The lack of knowing the Laws of the Republic of Bulgaria is not excusable and not a reason for relief from liability.