FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: REGISTRATION OF TRADE REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE IN BULGARIA – VISA D AND RESIDENCE PERMIT
April 28, 2020
In our current article we have tried to answer the most frequently asked questions by our clients, related to the registration of trade representative office, obtaining type “D” visa and residence permit for Bulgaria.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the email addresses listed in the „Contacts” section.
1. Can I obtain a residence permit in Bulgaria by registering a company?
Yes, but only if at least 10 full-time jobs have been created for Bulgarian citizens, maintained for the duration of the permit. The requirement applies to each partner or manager in the company separately. The mere registration of a company in Bulgaria does not entitle you to obtain a visa or residence permit.
2. If I can’t create 10 jobs, what options do I have?
Registration of trade representative office of a foreign legal entity (company) is one of the options for obtaining residence permit in Bulgaria. This option is defined as “fastest” and “cheapest”.
3. I have an active company in Dubai that has been operating for 10 years. Can I use it for the purposes of registering a trade representative office in Bulgaria?
Bulgarian law requires a foreign company to exist and operate for at least 2 years so that it can be used for the purposes of registering a trade representative office here.
From this point of view, if you have an active and operating company in Dubai for 10 years, then there is no problem in using it for the purposes of registering a trade representative office in Bulgaria.
4. How many persons can obtain residence in Bulgaria through one trade representative office?
The Bulgarian legislation introduces a restriction not more than three commercial representatives to be registered under one trade representative office. This means that persons who can obtain a type “D” visa and residence permit in Bulgaria can be maximum three.
5. I have a type “C” visa and I am currently in Bulgaria. Can I register a trade representative office while I am here in the country and obtain a residence permit without leaving the country?
No. You can register a trade representative office, if you have the necessary documents to do so, but applying for a type “D” visa on this particular basis should be done in person and at the respective Bulgarian consular mission in the country of your residence.
6. I also want my family to come with me to Bulgaria and obtain a residence permit by registering trade representative office. Is this possible?
If you have received a residence permit once, then your family members can also apply for a type “D” visa and a residence permit as a family member of a foreign citizen, who has prolonged residence permit.
7. What is the duration of the residence permit I can obtain through the registration of a trade representative office?
The term of the permit varies between 6 months and 1 year and depends on the assessment of the Migration Directorate of the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Bulgaria.
8. Is the residence permit in Bulgaria, obtained on the basis of registration of a trade representative office, subject to renewal?
Yes, the period of the permit may be extended by a new period of up to 1 year.
9. Do I need an address in Bulgaria to register a trade representative office?
In order to register a trade representative office of a foreign legal entity (company), you must indicate a local address in Bulgaria at which that representative office will operate, as well as an address for yourself, where you will be residing for the period for which you wish to obtain a residence permit.
10. What services can your law firm offer in terms of registration of trade representative office?
Our law firm can provide you with the full scope of legal services, needed for the registration of trade representative office at all necessary registers, as well as assisting you in obtaining a type “D” visa and residence permit at the relevant institutions.
11. What is the amount of the lawyer’s fee and what is the amount of the state fees for registration of a trade representative office of a foreign legal entity in Bulgaria?
For more information about our attorney’s fees and the amount of registration fees, you can request our Brochure “Long-term residence permit, Visa D for Bulgaria and Trade Representative Office” by sending us an inquiry at the email addresses listed in our “Contacts” section.
12. What documents do I need to register a trade representative office of a foreign legal entity in Bulgaria?
For more information on the required documents, you can request our Brochure “Long-term residence permit, Visa D for Bulgaria and Trade Representative Office” by sending us an inquiry at the email addresses listed in our „Contacts” section.
13. Once I have obtained a long-term residence permit, can I travel freely in the European Union?
The residence permit is a national document and it does not replace the visa regime for foreign nationals, established by each of the Member States of the European Union, as well as by the Convention implementing the Schengen Agreement as of 14th June 1985.
After signing a legal services contract with our law firm, we will ensure that you receive a detailed information on all necessary documents, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to obtain, certify and legalize these documents.
Receiving residency permit for Bulgaria through registration of Representative office of foreign company
Benefits and advantages by obtaining residency permit in Bulgaria
Permanent residency in Bulgaria through government securities – steps, procedure